Course Title: Greenhouse Cut Flowers VHT239
Greenhouse Cut Flowers VHT239
Achieve fantastic flowers from greenhouse production! A course for commercial cut flower growers who are concerned exclusively with greenhouse production. International trade in cut flowers has grown over recent decades. In most countries, developed or in development, it is now possible to get the most popular types of cut flowers almost any time of the year. Learn how to maximise yield and prolong cut flowers for best results and profit.
Course Structure for Greenhouse Cut Flowers VHT239
- Introduction to Cut Flower Production
- Cultural Practices
- Flower Initiation & Development
- Pest & Disease Control
- Greenhouse Management A.
- Greenhouse Management B.
- Management, Harvest & Post Harvest
- Herbaceous Perennials
- Annuals & Biennials
- Bulbs, Corms, Tubers & Rhizomes
- Filler Plants
Aims of Greenhouse Cut Flowers VHT239
- Describe the nature and scope of cut flower production in greenhouses
- Determine key cultural practices that are commonly required to develop and maintain a good rate of growth in a cut flower crop
- Eexplain the initiation and development of flowering in a cut flower crop
- Determine management practices for cut flower crops grown in a greenhouse
- Discuss a range of greenhouse management techniques related to cut flower production
- Explain a range of greenhouse management techniques related to cut flower production
- Determine a range of harvest and post harvest techniques related to cut flower production
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected herbaceous perennials
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected annuals and biennials
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected bulbs, corms, rhizomes or tubers
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for selected filler plants
- Determine greenhouse production techniques for roses and orchids
Estimated Course Duration: 100 hours
Available Learning Methods: Online, USB (+£5) and Correspondence (+£35)
Enrolment Dates: Our courses are self-paced and you can start at anytime
Enrol today and learn how to maximise yield and profits within this industry
This link will open adlonlinecourses.com in a new tab.