Internal Quality Assurance
ADL- Academy for Distance Learning was established to provide affordable quality distance learning training courses for training and skills enhancement. The courses have been structured to be industry relevant, up to date and globally available.
Quality is important to ADL as we value our students. We strive to provide our
learners with courses and support services which meet and even exceed their expectations. We are committed to continuous improvement and have established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for measuring and improving our performance.
The following systems and procedures have been in place since the conception of ADL as a quality distance learning provider. The following procedures are there to support us in our aim of total customer satisfaction and continuous improvement throughout our organisation:-
1. Learning Goals: our Quality Assurance process begins with the student completing our Learning Goals form, before commencement of their studies. This form tells us much about the student: – their background, what they hope to achieve with the course and their future career goals. This information is then assessed by the admin staff and forwarded to the student’s tutor, enabling the tutor to have an understanding of their student’s learning goals.
2. Course Evaluation: we regular gather and monitor student feedback. This is achieved through students completing our Course Evaluation Form at the end of their course. They also have the the opportunity to submit feedback on our website through FeeFo, a third party review platform.
3. Complaints Procedure: available and accessible to all students.
4. Internal Monitoring: Student performance is measured through the daily monitoring of student assignments,course work, examinations and tutor feedback.
5. Monitoring Tutors: selection and performance monitoring of tutors against student feedback
6. Staff Development: we provide on-going training and development for our employees.
7. Regular Audits: our internal processes are monitored on a regular basis in order to maintain our comitment to quality.
8. Management Reviews: are carried out on a regular basis through the evaluation of audit results, customer feedback reports and our complaints procedures.
9. Internal procedures: are reviewed regularly and are kept in our Office Procedures Manual and Student Handbook, which is available to all admin staff and students.
10. External Monitoring: ASIQUAL (our validating body) conduct twice annually a review of student and tutor performance. This is achieved through sampling examination results, course work and assisgnments.
Though the Director of Vocational Training Director has ultimate responsibility for Quality all employees have a responsibility within their own areas of work so helping to ensure that Quality is embedded within the whole organisation.