Course Title: Home Hydroponics AHT107
Home Hydroponics AHT107
Want to grow healthy food at home by using your own hydopnic system – look no further? This is one of our biggest selling courses, and has been studied by many happy hydroponic food growers.
Course Structure for Home Hydroponics AHT107
- Basic Chemistry and Plant Nutrition – atoms, elements, nutrient deficiency symptoms
- Nutrient Solutions – calculating formulae, hydroponic nutrition, preparing nutrient solutions
- Types of Systems A – classification of hydroponic systems, ingredients of hydroponic systems, rockwool.
- Types of Systems B – what makes up a system, 16 hydroponic ideas, NFT, solution dispensation.
- Plant Problems in Hydroponics – pests and diseases, nutritional and environmental problems, water and plant relationships, pH.
- How a Plant Grows – growth, nutrient solutions, preparing a solution, mechanisms of nutrient uptake, photosynthesis.
- Plant Culture – controlling environmental features, post harvest storage.
- Hydroponic Vegetable Production – how to grow vegetables hydroponically.
- Hydroponic Cut Flower Production – growing flowers in hydroponics, carnations.
- Soil Media vs Nutrient Film – berries, indoor plants, types of media, NFT.
- Greenhouse Operation & Management – solar energy applications in horticulture, greenhouse management.
- Special Assignment – a report on how to improve your present hydroponic venture, or a report on planning a new hydroponic venture.
Aims of Home Hydroponics AHT107
- Describe the nature and scope of hydroponic growing in a hobby situation.
- Explain basic plant nutrition chemistry in order to describe the composition and function of hydroponic nutrients.
- Differentiate between a variety of fertilisers and hydroponic nutrients, and suggest how these might be used appropriately in the growing of different types of plants in a hydroponic garden.
- Compare options for media and systems, in order to choose what is appropriate to a specific home situation.
- Design a hydroponic system suited to a particular home situation
- Diagnose common ailments in a hydroponic system, make a determine appropriate action.
- Describe the course of a hydroponic crop in a home situation from initial planting to harvest, and treatment of the harvested crop.
- Differentiate between solid media and nutrient film hydroponic techniques, and the way in which plants may be treated differently in each.
- Plan the production of a sequence of vegetable and herb produce for household use from hydroponic production.
- Determine appropriate methods for hydroponic cut flower production in a home situation.
Estimated Course Duration: 100 hours
Available Learning Methods: Online, USB (+£5) and Correspondence (+£35)
Enrolment Dates: Our courses are self-paced and you can start at anytime
Enrol today and develop your knowledge and skills in this subject