Course Title: Landscaping I BHT109
Landscaping I BHT109
Kick-start your career in Landscape Design or simply use the course to landscape your own garden and add value to your home. At the end of this 100 hour course you will be able to design a garden, and will have a foundation for further studies in specific areas of landscape design, development or management. Learn the principles that underpin all design. See how garden styles have evolved over the centuries, and broaden your understanding of how to use different garden components to create varying effects.
Course Structure for Landscaping I BHT109
- Basic Design Procedure A. – collecting pre-planning information, landscape elements, principles, etc.
- History of Gardening – garden styles and themes, famous designers, garden influences.
- Draughting & Contracting – drawing techniques, specifications, details.
- Basic Landscape Construction – timber, steps, retainer walls, pathways, playstructures, etc.
- Surfacings – concrete, asphalt, gravels, mulches, grasses, gradients, etc.
- Furnishings & Features – chairs, statues, figurines, birdbaths, skateboards, safety, etc.
- Park Design A – good/bad park design characteristics, recreational landscaping.
- Home Garden design – good/bad garden design characteristics.
- Design Procedure B – development of concept plans and detailed planting plans.
- Park Design B – development of park design, fun & fitness trails.
Aims of Landscaping I BHT109
- Create visual effects through the use of different landscape design concepts.
- Determine pre-planning information required to prepare a landscape design.
- Determine an appropriate garden style for a landscape, to satisfy specifications for a design project.
- Illustrate a landscape design through a plan, using legible graphic skills.
- Determine different hard landscape features, including earthworks, surface treatments and furniture, to incorporate in a landscape.
- Prepare planting designs for different landscapes.
- Design different types of landscapes, including domestic gardens and public parks
Estimated Course Duration: 100 hours
Available Learning Methods: Online, USB (+£5) and Correspondence (+£35)
Enrolment Dates: Our courses are self-paced and you can start at anytime
Enrol today and develop your expertise in landscaping
This link will open adlonlinecourses.com in a new tab.