Course Title: Landscaping III BHT235
Landscaping III BHT235
Learn to apply the principles, design features and elements that make upÂ many types and styles of gardens. This is an outstanding course for even experienced landscape designers, developing skills in developing everything from a formal to an eclectic garden, and a mediterranean to an oriental landscape.
Course Structure for Landscaping III BHT235
- Creating the Mood
- Historic Gardens
- Formal Gardens
- Oriental Gardens
- Middle Eastern and Spanish Style
- Mediterranean Gardens
- Coastal Gardens
- Modern Gardens
- Eclectic Gardens
- Other Styles
Aims of Landscaping III BHT235
- Explain the use of colour, light, shade, temperature, water, foliage and other elements in establishing the mood of a garden.
- Describe gardens from different places and periods in history; and in doing so explain how to renovate and/or recreate gardens that reflect the style of different historic periods.
- Apply the principles, design features and elements that make up a formal garden.
- Discuss cultural and historical traditions that contributed to the development and style of the oriental garden.
- Discuss cultural and historical traditions that have contributed to the development and style of the Middle Eastern and Spanish garden.
- Discuss the historic, climatic and cultural influences which have contributed to the style of Mediterranean gardens.
- Discuss design styles of coastal gardens
- Explain the limitations and potential of coastal sites when preparing a landscape design.
- Discuss contemporary garden design styles and possible future trends in garden design.
- Identify the range of diversity possible in garden design.
- Identify characteristics of different garden styles including eclectic, dryland, permaculture, rainforest and tropical garden styles.
- Design different styles of gardens.
Estimated Course Duration: 100 hours
Available Learning Methods: Online, USB (+£5) and Correspondence (+£35)
Enrolment Dates: Our courses are self-paced and you can start at anytime
Enrol today and develop your expertise in landscaping